Dates is now produced in 38 countries. The most important producers dates fruit in the world are Egypt, respectively, 130.000.000 tons, Iran, 1.000.000 tons, Saudi Arabia, 970.000 tons, UAE 755.000 tons and Pakistan 510.000 tons.
|These five countries produced for 68% of the world’s total dates production.|
|The total production of date palm in the world is more than 6,000 tons of 422,000 tons.|
|The area under cultivation of date palm in the world is 1,190,476 hectare.|
|Date production in the world between 1995 and 2004 was about 4.9 million tons.|
If you are looking for a list of Iranian quality date exporters, we have collected the contact information for many of these companies. Just click on the link … Click to see the list of Persian dateFruit exporters
We can provide you the Best product at the Best price and Best packaging!
Just tell us what product, how much and where do you want get it ?
Dates of production in Iran
1- The total area under cultivation of Iranian dates is over 250,000 hectares.2. The total harvest of Iranian dates is 1,000,000 tons.3. Iran’s share of the world’s date palm cultivation is 1%. First Place4- Iran’s share of the world harvest date 57,15. Second place .5. Iran’s share of world dates is 5,21%.6. Iran’s production is 4 tons per hectare. In Egypt there are 26 tons per hectare.7. The agricultural sector’s share of exports is currently 5,13%.8- The share of date crop in agriculture is 14%.
2- 15% of the country’s date production is from Sistan and Baluchestan and Khuzestan provinces. There are 15 provinces in total.
3- Iran’s share of exports between 1995-1996 reached 36.5 percent of world exports and gradually declined.
4- According to the opinion of agricultural experts 40% of date palms in the country have no economic value (poor fertility).
5- Jiroft, Bam, Khuzestan, Sistan and Baluchestan, Bushehr, Hormozgan have 53% of the total area under cultivation and produce 3,2 dates of the country.
Important points about date palm in Iran:
The main dates producing provinces in Iran:
A: Kerman Province (Jiroft, Bam, Kohnuj, Kerman) Khuzestan, Sistan and Baluchestan, Bushehr and Hormozgan have 53% of the total area under cultivation and 3,2% of the country’s total production.
B: Provinces of Isfahan, Ilam, Fars, Khorasan, Semnan, Yazd, Kermanshah and other provinces have 47% of total cultivated area and 3.1% of total date production in the country.
Iran’s strategic position.
1. One advantage of date palm cultivation is that its cultivation conditions are limited worldwide
2- Iran has a privileged position in the world due to the suitable climate for cultivation of this product.
3- Iran’s share in terms of area under cultivation, production and export (first and second place) is an extraordinary opportunity.
4- The potential for increased area under cultivation and increased productivity at the level and rate of production is favorable.
Ups and downs of production and export of Dates Fruit in Iran:
- Before the imposed war (1979), Iran exported 54,000 tons of dates per year.
- Exports reached 550 tons by the beginning of the imposed war (1979).
- During the imposed war (8 years on average 15,000 tons of Iranian date exports)
- Iraq was the most important exporter of dates in the world before the sanctions (up to 80% of world date exports)
- Iraq’s imposition of sanctions and war have reduced exports of Iraqi dates, which have been seized by Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Iran.
- Iran’s export share has grown up to 50% of the world’s total exports, with the encouraging policies and opportunities created (Iraq’s boycott1992.)
- In 1995, due to the deterrent policies (foreign exchange pact and exchange rate stabilization), Iran’s date exports were challenged and exports were reduced each year, as compared to FAO’s report of Iran’s 50% share in exports in 2001 to 6,13% of production. decreased .
- Under these circumstances, the United Arab Emirates accounted for 29%, Tunisia 7,41%, and the United States 23%.
- In Iran during these years due to 1- lack of hygiene standards 2- lack of proper investment in packaging industry 3- failure to comply with national and international standards 4- lack of knowledge of exporters in new ways 5- adherence to markets Traditional and. . . The price of Iranian dates was down 24 cents per kilo.
- On the other hand, a change in world decisions and actions of EU member states by creating discriminatory tariff barriers between imports of non-member countries (Iran is a non-member) for (7.7% tariff and non-member countries) The tariff of 12% has thus undermined Iran’s competitiveness, which has been very effective.
- The main obstacles and problems of Iran dates 1- Global export market conditions 2- The desires and tastes of these markets 3- Disadvantage and preservation of existing world markets 4- Existing potential in Asian countries for import of Iranian dates 5- Specific health rules World Day for the Production and Export of Dates …
Manufacturing cities in the province
1- Bam city
2- Jiroft city
3- Kohnouj city
4- Manojan city
5- Ghale Ganj
6- Islamabad city
7- Orzouieh city (Baft)
8- Anbarabad city
9- Fahraj city
10- Narmashir city
Area under cultivation and cultivated varieties in the province
- The total area under cultivation in Kerman province is 268413
- The share of the area under cultivation of horticultural products in the province is 11/12%
- Annual production of 341860 tons
- The most important commercial varieties in the iran: 1- Mazafati dates (Kimia Dates) in Kerman province 2- Zahedi dates and Piarom dates in Hormozgan 3- The Sayer dates in Khuzestan.
- $96 million worth of Iran Date Exports (2010)
also read: Iranian Dates Exporter Company
Kerman date export target countries
1- Persian Gulf States
2- Central European countries
3. Far East countries (including Russia, UAE, Turkey, Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Malaysia, Germany, UK, US, Afghanistan, etc.).