To know saffron and its properties, it is good to first examine its appearance. At a glance, you can see that the red stigmas of saffron flower are among the purple petals that will last for a few days if your hand touches them.
What is saffron and how does it grow?
Saffron is a plant that grows through saffron bulbs. The onion has a brownish tinge that protects it. After the onion is planted, it begins to grow and form a stem at the end of which a bud is formed. After flowering, you will encounter a purple flower with 6 beautiful petals that protect the 3 red stigmas. These three red kolaleh are the same delicious substance that is prepared with great effort.
What are the ingredients of saffron?
Saffron has compounds that distinguish this valuable plant from other plants. The quality of saffron is measured in laboratories and laboratories through these compounds. The higher the percentage of these compounds, the higher the quality of saffron and therefore has a great impact on the properties of saffron.
- Crocin color strength agent
- Picrosin is a flavoring agent
- Safranal is a factor in the power of fragrance
Types of original saffron
Unlike other spices, saffron has different types, in each of which, saffron strings are not similar, and this difference depends on the type of harvest, separation (filling) of saffron flowers, the climate of the region and finally its quality.
We have listed the types of saffron from the highest quality to the lowest quality.
- Negin saffron: In Negin saffron, there is no sagging and curvature of saffron strings and the branches are separate and completely red. (click to read about negin saffron)
- Sargol saffron: There is no news of saffron yellowing and saffron whiteness (root) in Sargol saffron and it is the most widely used type of saffron. (click to read about sargol saffron)
- Pushal saffron: pushal saffron is a saffron that has red kolaleh with some cream (root). (click to read about pushal saffron)
- Bunch Saffron: In this type of saffron, saffron kolaleh are dried by stacking together. (click to read about bunch saffron)
- Konj Saffron: The white part of saffron that is at the end of the saffron stigma is called saffron root or white saffron. (click to read about konj saffron)
The most important properties of saffron
- Reduce pain
- hair loss prevention
- Improve respiratory health
- Improving heart health
- Improving mental health
- Improves skin health
- Strengthen the digestive system
- Increase Intelligence
In short, we have explanations for each of these properties that can change your view on saffron.
1) Treat depression and increase happiness
One of the most important factors in the treatment of depression are certain hormones that are responsible for neurological control. These hormones are called dopamine and serotonin. In a comprehensive study, scientists concluded that saffron is able to positively control these two hormones and help the depressed person recover faster and taste happier.
2) Properties to increase intelligence and memory power
Although it has been said that the intelligence of every human being is largely related to his or her inherited aspects and experimental endeavors, the beautiful saffron plant has slightly changed this rule. Certain minerals are said to increase intelligence and intelligence. After research by researchers, they concluded that the following minerals are found entirely in saffron.
However, it should be noted that excessive consumption of these substances does not increase intelligence, but rather poisoning. These substances also help to increase the power of memory.
3) Regulate the body clock and improve the sleep cycle
Sleep is not an activity for us, but it can greatly affect our health. When the sleep clock is disturbed, it means that the body clock is disturbed and the disturbance of this clock causes dysfunction of body parts.
Although the cause of sleep disturbance can have different causes, saffron can help you experience a better and deeper sleep by influencing factors such as peace of mind, adjusting the body clock, refreshing the body.
4) Treatment of hair loss
If you pay attention, something is known in medicine and botany, and that is that any plant that is in the form of a body part is useful for that part of the body.
For example, if you cut a carrot, you will notice that it looks like an eye, and according to research, it contains vitamin A and substances that help strengthen the eye. This has been proven for various fruits.
If you pay attention to saffron, you will notice that it looks like hair. And it has been proven that craving as much as saffron tea or saffron milk helps increase hair growth and strength.
5) Treatment of respiratory disorders and chronic coughs
One of the uses of saffron, which has been true for many people, is to use this delicious plant to treat disorders and inflammations of the lungs and respiratory system.
How saffron treats this is not the subject of our discussion, but you can help improve your lungs and lung bronchitis by preparing a drink containing tea and black seed, cumin, cardamom, chamomile, fennel and licorice.
6) Using saffron for beauty
The use of saffron for beauty has many branches and branches! For example, it has been said that a mother who is pregnant will give birth to a beautiful baby if she eats enough saffron in certain months, when the risk of miscarriage is lower!
Also, saffron indirectly affects the freshness and freshness of the skin by improving some diseases and disorders.
But saffron tea helps keep the skin fresh and refreshed, and its clarity is really noticeable. People who usually have shiny skins find saffron in their diet.
In the end, it is good to know that skin lesions such as blemishes and freckles will be eliminated in the long run with the right consumption of saffron!
7) Improve muscle pain
Saffron contains a large amount of minerals that together help to better absorb calcium. Although saffron is a soothing plant, its absorption of calcium by saffron helps the body compensate and recover.
8) Reduce heart attacks and strokes
Saffron contains two important substances called potassium and crocin. The two help the arteries and veins to heal, thus preventing clogged arteries and stroke. Crocin also helps regulate blood cholesterol levels, which greatly reduces the risk of heart attacks and clogged arteries. So use saffron for a longer life.
9) Reduce the progression and incidence of cancer
Although consuming saffron during a month has a special rule, but using this plant regularly helps to prevent cell mutations and cancer. Also, the growth of many cancerous tumors stops with saffron and the healing process improves. By controlling the production of free radicals and by strengthening the body’s immune system, cancer is spontaneously controlled and inhibited.
10) Prevent saffron Alzheimer’s
As mentioned, saffron helps improve memory. In particular, it helps to control or treat certain diseases such as amnesia, Parkinson’s, mild Alzheimer’s and moderate Alzheimer’s. Therefore, to prevent the decline of intellect and mind in old age, be sure to include saffron in your diet.
11) Prevention of gastrointestinal diseases
Gastrointestinal diseases are usually caused by a change in the body’s temperament and a cold temper. But the hot and dry nature of saffron helps to compensate for these colds and diseases such as liver enlargement, kidney damage and gastrointestinal diseases can be easily cured.
12) Prevent presbyopia and improve vision with saffron
According to research, people who eat saffron regularly have eye protection that prevents the damaging effects of direct sunlight. It also helps to cure eye diseases due to its minerals and vitamin A. In addition, patients with macular degeneration are able to regain their eyesight by consuming saffron and enjoy the blessings of seeing.
Other properties of saffron that you should know:
13) It has also been effective in treating high blood pressure and blood sugar.
14) Women who suffer from menstrual irregularities or have painful periods can also improve by consuming saffron on time.
15) Diabetes can be controlled and prevented by consuming this plant.
16) Treatment of gout is possible with this flower.
17) Saffron helps to improve men’s sexual life.
18) People who suffer from cold stomach and abdominal pain should use saffron to get rid of this complication.
19) The body needs to adjust by consuming a lot of cold food, which saffron does well.
20) Cold may manifest itself with urticaria, which saffron helps to cure.
21) Sleep disorders, urinary disorders and memory disorders can be solved with the help of this colorful and fragrant plant.
22) This plant with warm and dry nature is the best detoxifier.
23) There is a simple treatment for MS and it is saffron treatment.
24) Saffron can be used to treat infertility.
25) Helps improve metabolism and leads to increased metabolism and weight loss.